A & Fs Studio is a homestudio experimenting with individual creativity and making lifestyle products using sustainable and ecofriendly material for a whole family. The approach in our process are :
- Ensuring good design and optimized functionality for the thing I or the kids make. So we ask ourselves, will this help other people doing their activity easier, or fun? Will other people appreciate the beauty of this item when they see and use it? Can it become a multipurpose item? Can this make things organized or will it just create more clutter? We enjoy the slow process of creating each item, thus enriches our own life value. When we are happy while making our products, we are sure the outcome while be superb and in return make you happy too.
- The materials we use must not further harm the environment. Hence whenever possible we source for organic, and ecofriendly materials.
- We use organic, ecofriendly and non-toxic materials to ensure they are safe to be touched (or put into mouth) by small children. We make products with our own family and children safety in mind, which we sure will make them safe for you and your family too.
- Whenever possible we source from local suppliers. When the materials with the quality we require could not be sourced locally, we try our best to get them globally with the best deal and quality.
- We work more with our hands, meaning we use more manual process and produce in small scale. We are transparent in our work, you can read more about our process and experiments for the items we made from our blog.
Our first and foremost value, is enjoying the time we spend at home with our family. Embracing the concept of “rumahku, syurgaku,” we believe what goes on into the home is more important than anything else to build the characters and value our children will hold through out their life. We are on a mission to make safe, natural lifestyle products that endure timeless use in your home.
The idea of a studio was initially a place my kids can safely play and explore as I work on my craft and creative exploration. We want them to freely experiment with their inner creativity, and not be afraid to express their thoughts. We also believe in encouraging kids to work more with their hands. We encourage them to speak out their opinions in creative activities, in hope to build confidence.
We hope the values we embraced in our making process translated into products that are beautiful, enjoyable and endure timeless use in your family.
Currently our studio is basically the dining table in our 3DK apartments, and anywhere in our home where the kids and I feel comfortable to work. Hopefully, when we get back to Malaysia we can have a decent area to work on our creative and nature exploration.